How to Apply Lipsense
How To Apply LipSense
The LipSense application process is simple, but it is essential to know how to do it correctly in order to make the most of the long-lasting technology.
1. Apply to clean, dry lips. For a more defined look, line lips with LinerSense first.…
2. With lips parted, place LipSense applicator on lip beginning at the outside corner and spread in a fluid, sweeping motion to the opposite corner of the lip without lifting the applicator (do not move applicator back and forth). Repeat on bottom lip. Do not press lips together.
3. Repeat this process twice. Use three layers for long-lasting results. Let each layer dry about five seconds (or until completely dry) before applying the next layer.
4. Finish your customized look (any three shades) with LipSense moisturizing glosses – to keep your color lasting and your lips moist and plump.
Layering LipSense is a must due to the fact that color breaks down with the PH balance of your body:
- 1st Layer – touches your skin and your PH will begin to break down the product first and fastest
- 2nd Layer – protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer
- 3rd Layer – protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of the second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, bacteria/free radices. The third layer breaks down (like the first layer) but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the 1st & 3rd, and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
Application: Apply only to clean, dry lips. SHAKE PRODUCT thoroughly BEFORE application. With a slight smile, swipe the flat side of the applicator in one direction from one corner of your mouth to the other. Layer as desired allowing a few seconds between coats. DO NOT smush or smack lips during application! When done, you must apply one of our companion Shea butter glosses to cure or seal your lipcolor in (others will NOT work – they have wax and glycerin in them that will remove your LipSense). Then, leave your lipcolor at home and tuck a gloss in your handbag or pocket, making sure you gloss up occasionally throughout your day. Note that we cannot guarantee all-day / night stay and a moist pout if you do not use one of our companion Shea butter glosses!